PiCAN2 CAN-Bus Board for Raspberry Pi 2-3 with SMPS
This PiCAN2 board provide CAN-Bus capability for the Raspberry Pi. It uses the Microchip MCP2515 CAN controller with MCP2551 CAN transceiver. Connection are made via DB9 or 3 way screw terminal. This board includes a switch mode power suppler that powers the Pi is well.
Easy to install SocketCAN driver. Programming can be done in C or Python.
Not suitable for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, please use PiCAN3 instead.
- CAN v2.0B at 1 Mb/s
- High speed SPI Interface (10 MHz)
- Standard and extended data and remote frames
- CAN connection via standard 9-way sub-D connector or screw terminal
- Compatible with OBDII cable
- Solder bridge to set different configuration for DB9 connector
- 120Ω terminator ready
- Serial LCD ready
- LED indicator
- Foot print for two mini push buttons
- Four fixing holes, comply with Pi Hat standard
- SocketCAN driver, appears as can0 to application
- Interrupt RX on GPIO25
- 5v 1A SMPS to power Raspberry Pi and accessories from DB9 or screw terminal
- Reverse polarity protection
- High efficiency switch mode design
- 6v to 20v input range
What you will receive:
1 x PiCAN2 CAN-Bus Board